Monday, June 17, 2013

Cleaning House

No, really! We cleaned the actual house. We started to notice in the last few months that the north side of the house was turning green or greenish/brown or something very very pooplike and unattractive. Tons of green goo (I think algae) was starting to collect on the siding and then pollen was sticking to it, and it needed help BAD. The thought of scrubbing the whole thing seemed kind of overwhelming so we were not exactly rushing to do the work.

Then……my lovely mother mentioned that she just finished cleaning her composite deck with this miracle solution called 30 SECONDS OUTDOOR CLEANER and I should maybe try that on my siding. So a quick stop at Ace Hardware – and a little read about what sort of environmental danger we were in for, and off we went.

Here’s how time consuming and horrendous the process was: 
1. Spray it onto dry surface. 
2. Wait about 5 minutes. 
3. Rinse off with garden hose.

That’s it! We used the gallon jug in concentrate, mixed with water (as per directions) and went for it. It was fantastic. I’m now ready to clean everything with it.

Oh, regarding the enviro-impact. The packaging says it’s fine to use as directed and is ok around plants and animals. I have to say, it just smells like bleach, but it says it doesn’t have bleach in it. In any case -  I think I would be careful to use directly around any edible plants or veggies or too much or often that it might affect groundwater, but it says it’s safe. 

I’m pretty excited to have discovered this little nugget of efficiency. Apparently, other people have known about it for years. Duh! I think back to the year we got married at the farm and remember myself spending an entire summer day scrubbing the algae off the house and side of the garage so it would be pretty for pictures. Why oh why was I not smart enough to investigate an easier method. Grrrr. 

Before
Before
Before
During
During
After
After
This is what you need to clean your house! Go!


No comments:

Post a Comment