Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Ride 'Em Cowboy!

Sorry for the little hiatus - things last week pretty much fell apart. But now, we are all put back together again, and onto all the winter projects that are need to get done around the house(s).

I've had this little humdinger on the project list for a long time, and finally got to it. When we were moving boxes last year, we found an old box full of Kit's childhood stuff. (Haha, made it sound like there was only one box, hahahaha, NOT SO FAST! There are closer to 20 boxes, but that's not the point). The point is, I found these cute little ponies  wrapped up in old paper - they were meant to put over broom handles for kid's to play with and pretend they were riding horses. Yes, this is how children played way back in the olden days, using their imagination! I know, what were they thinking, huh? Anyway, these are the cutest little ponies, with dog chewed ears, and eyes missing, etc... I thought they deserved to be framed and hung up at the farm so everyone could admire their cuteness. I got the shadow box at Michael's, and fabric for the background at Joann's - and used a tacky fabric glue to secure it. Then I used velcro tabs to stick to the background and the backside of the ponies - I was trying to do as little damage as possible to the little guys, but because they aren't exactly flat, I was struggling to get them to lay down properly. The velcro seemed like the best idea, and it worked great. Then I cleaned the glass, closed her up, and now I just need to find the right wall. I love them, they are super cute and farm-y, and don't have to live in a box in the basement anymore. LOVE THEM!




No comments:

Post a Comment