Monday, November 18, 2013

No brainer or Cheap-ass?

I want this chair. This is it, the perfect chair for the corner of the apartment by the window. Kit can sit in it, sipping his cocktail, watching the ferries go back and forth to Bainbridge. Ahhh, so nice. Reading, relaxing, feet up on this good looking lounge chair. Can you see my dream here? Drawback, this little beauty is approximately $6000. Eames, I love you, but you have got to be kidding. I can't afford you.

$5,999 - crap!This was Design within Reach, but it's available in lots of stores like Room and Board, etc.
So, here's the alternative I found. Seems like a pretty good reproduction, but....is it too good to be true? The photo doesn't reflect this, but yes, it is available in the same walnut veneer - so I can get it exactly like the original, but at a fraction of the price. $1,599 seems a lot better than $6000. 

$1,595 - thank you Baby Jesus!This company is called Rove Concepts. I hadn't heard of them, but with this price, I'm liking them so far.
Anyone know anything about this company or this chair, cuz I think it looks pretty good, and for a reproduction, this this looks exactly the same, no changes to the style or anything. Maybe I could pretend I'm super high-end and just went ahead and spent the big bucks, but you know if I get it, I wont be able to keep my mouth shut about how awesome the deal was. 

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment