Thursday, February 12, 2015

Yes, I will try anything!!!

So, three acupuncture sessions in, and I have to say I really like it. I also think that my shoulder pain is starting to ease up - just a little. I can't tell if that is because 1) I want it to 2) my pilates instructor is also working on my shoulder or 3) it's the needles and this super awesome device called the percussor! Whatever it is, I like it.

This is a percussor. It beats the crap out of your muscles - in a good way.

Today - I had the added treatment of cupping. The idea is that it these cups suction onto your skin and can pull toxins up and out, or away from your muscles. I know - I'm sooo Gwyneth Paltrow right now.... but if it works I don't care if you make fun of me.

This is what cupping looks like. It feels pretty good - but yes, it's a little weird.

But, just in case it all doesn't work, I have a back-up plan and an appointment with a physical therapist in a couple of weeks. No matter how it happens, I'm getting this shoulder thing taken care of. I'm just trying the natural way first.

The whole thing makes me feel like an old lady, and just about everything I've read somehow manages to work in "frozen shoulder" as a potential problem. What? No? That seems like such a "fake" thing to have, but turns out it's real and really really painful I think. So, I keep on moving it and doing crazy exercises and hoping for the best. I can't keep doing everything one-handed. It's ridiculous!





No comments:

Post a Comment