Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015? Already?

Happy New Year! Seriously - HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

A friend of mine who was diagnosed with breast cancer a month or so before me posted on her facebook page, "Hey, fuck you 2014! Happy New Year 2015!" - I thought - my sentiments exactly!

Pretty happy to be done and moving on to a better year - although I will always thank 2014 for the good outcome to a crap situation. So thanks, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

New Years Resolutions:

I didn't put a lot of thought into it, but a few things are jumping out at me.

1. Grow my hair out. That's sort of a joke. Haaaaaa- It's so damn short still, but I can't wear the wig one minute more, so as of yesterday - it's me in my real hair all the time now and in whatever the hell color it is,for now. It's hideous, but whatever, deal with it. As it grows out, most of the white freaky Guy Fiori nastiness will go away - apparently one more thing that people don't really tell you is that chemo can strip the color right out of your hair and when it grows back it often comes in white or gray. So pretty. As if I haven't had enough. 

2. Get it all back together. This is sort of a general statement but what I mean is, I'm going to pay close attention to feeling good again. I still have a lot of weird chemo related side effects - some are not really a big deal, some are about to kill me..... but I will focus on getting everything back in proper order - and getting back on a really good diet and exercise schedule and living the good life. Radiation is almost over and it hasn't been bad at all - but after that's done (in 2 weeks), I wont be spending nearly as much time at the doctors and will have a lot more time to invest in my well being. Hhhhommmmmm.

3. Pay closer attention to my wardrobe. I plan to NOT get sucked too far in by the insti-fashions at Zara, H & M, the Gap, etc. All of them are just fine for trendy "not meant to last" styles, but I get so disappointed by how those things wash, dry, lose their color, etc. I will TRY HARD to buy fewer and better things so that they will last and I will look better. Also, while working on #1 and #2, I will attempt to plan out my clothes the night before so I don't run around like a jackass every morning wondering what the hell I'm going to wear. 

4. I will pay WAY more attention to the effects of aging - sigh! I feel like I'm doing exactly the opposite of what I am supposed to be doing in regard to aging. When I was young (and had perky skin) I spent way more time on hair and make-up and lotions and potions. Now that I'm older (and less perky), I hardly do anything about anything. Granted, I've been a little busy this year looking and feeling like shit, but new year - new me! I'm getting back on board. It might take me longer to get ready in the morning, but c'mon - this has to happen. I really have to get the cute back.

5. No more talk about the big C. Now that this cancer thing is in the rear view mirror -  I'm done talking about it here. Unless you ask, then I will. But, I'm really so sick and tired of it that I'm ready to move on to way more interesting topics. One year of that was plenty! So, cancer - fuck off. I'm breaking up with you!

Ok, that's it for resolutions - Did you make any?
Yay 2015! Bring it!





No comments:

Post a Comment