Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Years Resolutions

Happy New Year! Do you make resolutions? I usually have the standards going: exercise more, eat less, boring ones…. In the past I’ve done a few good ones that were easy to keep. One year I tried to pick up at least one piece of someone else’s litter every day. One year I resolved to make my bed every day. That was only mildly successful. This year, I think it’s going to be about the details. I resolve to:

Keep up the mani/pedi. When I was younger, I used to be much better about having nice looking nails. Now it seems that I don’t really give a shit. So I walk around with chippy polish on my toes, and mostly no polish on my hands. That changes NOW. I did my nails yesterday at home, all by myself, saving the family money!!!

Plan outfits for work. I used to be better about this too. But it seems that lately I will just slap on whatever seems easy for work. Sometimes (a lot of times), it’s jeans and a sweater or shirt, all fine, but not planned with much care. And I still haven’t pulled the trigger on the “outfit of winter 2013/2014”. While all the other gals are mincing around town in cute low boots or high boots or over the knee boots in brown and black and whatever, I can’t decide what to get, so I don’t have ANY boots and I don’t look cute at all. WTF??? Why can’t I just pull the freaking trigger and get some boots? Here’s why! The boots I want are Prada and they cost $1400 f*ing dollars!!!!! Why hasn’t someone knocked them off yet so I can get them. I’m looking everywhere and apparently nobody has the balls to copy Prada for cheaper. C’mon people, I’m waiting. And hurry up, the trend is about to run out of steam before I even get started.

Accessorize. Seriously! I have cute accessories, bracelets, earrings, barrettes, hats, scarves, whatever, name it….. and I leave the house and can’t even get as far as lipstick for work. What the hell is the matter with me? Ennui? Perhaps! I have got to cute it up, man! So, I vow to make an effort. Get up a few minutes earlier, and get it done.

Ruin Comcast. Does anyone out there hate Comcast as much as I do? Those fuckers are extortionists! Your cable company may be different, but here in Seattle, we are forced to pay Comcast/Xfinity or whatever the hell they are called for lousy service and bad attitudes so we can watch Homeland. Or whatever. So, in 2014, bye bye Comcast, we’re cutting you down to basic cable and we’re closing you out for internet. We have options and you can’t screw us anymore. (We’ll see how this goes, I may be back later with a sad story about how Comcast won and I lost.) But for now, it’s on MFers!

See what a budget looks like. Yep, I said it. We are going to make a budget. For good reasons. Not because we are spending too much, but so that we can track and/or make a reasonable guess as to how much spending we should allocate where, and how much we can put away for retirement. This is a super boring one, but if you go back to how badly I want those Prada boots – you will understand that if I had a clothing budget I could actually save and get them instead of nickel and diming my way through Gap and Banana Republic for shitty clothes that don’t last. I want nice clothes and if I knew my budget I could get them. I WILL HAVE THEM. I’m not angry. :)


Ok, I think that covers it for the beginning of 2014. No need to overdo resolutions. I’ll let you know how it’s going. Should be awesome. Gotta go, It’s time to put on some lipstick. Wah!

No comments:

Post a Comment