Monday, October 21, 2013

Soup's On!

Another weekend, another soup to cozy up to!
This time it's Creamy Cauliflower - easy and delicious. I added mushrooms because they are in season. It's great with our without! As my friend Kerry (who gave me this recipe) says " this is really a good one for people like my husband who think they don't like cauliflower!" 

Creamy Cauliflower Soup

1T olive oil
1 Large onion
1 Large head of cauliflower
3 Cups vegetable or chicken stock
Salt and Pepper to taste
Chives or Truffle oil as topper

1. Start chopping

 2. Heat your oil in a pot on medium.

 3. Saute onions until tender, about 5 minutes.

4. Add in loosely chopped cauliflower (including stems). Cook 1-2 minutes until the cauliflower browns lightly.



4.5 I veered off the recipe this time because I had a ton of great looking mushrooms - and I thought they would be good to add, so I threw them in also.

 See.

 5. Add broth and bring to a boil, then reduce and cook 15-20 minutes, covered.


 6. Puree it all for 3-4 minutes. If you don't have an immersion blender, you should get one. Saved you a lot of mess - and totally awesome. 

 Then it looks like this. 


 7. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with chives on top, or with a drizzle of truffle oil. Nice to serve with a salad a french bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment