Monday, October 14, 2013

Painting Project

Well, it's only taken a year and 2 months - but I finally got the bedroom wall painted! I think the trauma of painting the whole rest of the apartment was so exhausting that I had to take a break - that turned into a really big break - like the entire summer.

Anyway, I documented the before and after - and I left the bed unmade and the nightstands a mess so you'd really get a feel for how BEFORE the before was - just a shitshow - but, ahhhhh, the after. So soothing, so peaceful, so prettttttty. 

Next step, get some art on the walls, get a proper dresser or wardrobe (you can't see that problem from your view) - just trust me - it's not great over there on that side of the room, but it will be.

The details: I'm a really big fan of Sherwin-Williams paints. They are more expensive than the brands you find at Home Depot, etc, but they are really good. They practically have the consistency of pudding so they don't drip and splatter, and they go on thick, so you never need more than 2 coats. Also, the depth of color is really nice and it's fast drying and basically really good stuff. And, if you sign up with them, you will get loads of discounts on paint or supplies. I got my paint at 25% off, and supplies at 15% off. I already have all the brushes, rollers, etc, but I did get more Frogtape. Again, my favorite. All the other tapes have been ok, but just ok. Frogtape does what it's supposed to, it seals the edges, and you don't EVER get that leakage of paint. Everytime a great line - love it!

Here are the pics - I know - lookin' good!

The dreaded before - what a dump!
Furniture moved - tape taped. Not much room here to work with.
Just got the first bit of paint on - love the color already. It's a sort of
pale blue but with a tiny bit of gray in there too.
Just about yanked the tape off first - but here is the taped and painted version.
Bed's made, things are put back, looks awesome!
Just needs artwork
View with the drapes. Love how it all works with the
head and footboard - the drapes and the head and footboard were
 last winter's sewing projects! Sorry, I didn't document those little DIY's.
Another view!
And last one, toward the bathroom. Love the color!

No comments:

Post a Comment