Thursday, February 6, 2014

British Airways - Are you serious?

This summer we are going on a cruise to celebrate Kits parents 50 year anniversary! We are sailing the second leg of their trip - they are on a Rome to Athens Aegean cruise, we will join them from Venice to Athens for a week. We booked our stateroom, pretty easy, got a fair price, felt pretty good about that. Just booked air on British that goes Seattle-London-Venice, and return Athens-London-Seattle. Our choices were economy or economy premium, business or first. The difference between economy and economy premium were only a couple hundred dollars, so we thought economy premium was the way to go, not wanting to spend the big bucks for business or first class. We'll get slightly more room and benefits and we're travelling with my mom too, so it seems like the right way to do it. Of course even with miles, there is no way at this late date to find a single mileage ticket to use.

So, when I'm in the booking process, up pops something I hadn't seen before. Our friends at British Air have figured out a way to CHARGE MONEY for the privilege of reserving specific seats in advance on the plane. WOW! Harsh! I had to pay $52 bucks to reserve my seat and again for Kit's seat, then $18 bucks each for the London to Venice leg. Times 2 for the return trip. Isn't that just robbery??? I wonder when the rest of the airlines are going to start doing that. Next thing you know, they'll charge extra just to choose British. 

I'm hoping the crappy economy in Athens will help me get back some value after taking the financial beating from BA. Assholes, or should I say Bloody Assholes! Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment