Thursday, August 7, 2014

Overboard?

Seems like with my time away from blogging you might have thought I fell overboard as was lost at sea. Not the case. I just haven't had much enthusiasm for blogging as I've been super busy counting down the days until the end of chemo (which I'm sick of btw). 

Update: The cruise was fine. I'm probably not going to be a future "cruiser" but it was nice for what it was. One thing is for sure, I've seen the future and people - it's OLD! I don't even think my mom at 74 or Kit's parents at 70 are old enough for the crowd on this cruise. Just a LOT of OLD OLD OLD people. 

And a lot of Purell. Turns out the cruise industry is combatting the whole cruise ship sicknesses by squirting the shit out of everyone with Purell at every turn. I think it's working.

We began in Venice and our days were port stops at Korcula (where we stopped last year on our Croatia trip), Heraklion, Crete - not much to see here on this hot rock, then Marmaris, Turkey and Kusadasi, Turkey and then Athens for the finish. We had 3 lovely days in Athens at the end of the trip - while hot, it was breezy and delightful and we had some great meals in open air rooftop restaurants. Lovely! 

Here are a few pics!
So, first things first, we got upgraded to business class - good way to start the journey!
Leaving Venice - beautiful lighting on the way out of the city.

View of our ship from Korcula, Croatia

Yes we did! And often!
 Our beautiful little port of Marmaris, Turkey

This is Kusadasi, Turkey


The library at Ephasus

QE - from another angle!

Athens!

The National Archaeological Museum - photobomb and a big thumbs up!


Kit and Meredith seeing the sites!
 Thanks Greece - lovely to see you!









No comments:

Post a Comment